With 2018 behind us it is time to look ahead at what 2019 will bring for SaltyEU and the community.
SaltyEU Team Tournament (Who Wants to be a Saltynaire?)
The tournament will take place on the 16th of November 2019, and is double elimination.
If you do not have a team you can find one here or on Discord!
- Each team must consist of 4 players.
- Each team must have an intro.
- Examples of intros can be found here.
- Players must sign up with either their Steam or Discord name.
- One person must sign up on your team's behalf, using this format:
Team name - Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4
- Each team chooses the order that their players will play.
- Matches are BO1, and the losing player will be "eliminated" that set.
- The winning player is "locked" in to his/her character, and can not change it in-between matches.
- The winning team is the one who first eliminates the entire enemy team.
- All team members are restored when starting a new set.
- Winners final, Losers final and Grand final have the same rules, with an option to reset the bracket during the Grand Final.
- Teams have to update the scores on Challonge themselves after playing a match.
- Other rules are the same as always and can be found here * **
*Israelis are allowed in this tournament **The prize structure is different
How Lifelines Work
- Each team will be granted a set of 4 different lifelines.
- Each lifeline can only be used once for the entire tournament.
- Each team can choose to use a lifeline at any time in-between matches in a set.
- Multiple lifelines can be used per set/match.
- Teams will be granted an additional "secret" lifeline in case they reach the Grand Final.
- After using a lifeline it must be reported to Aisk in the team-specific Discord channel.
What Are The Lifelines?
- Character Ban
- A single character can be banned.
- The chosen character must not be picked by anyone on the opponent team.
- The ban lasts for the entirety of the set.
- Picking the banned character will automatically result in a game loss.
- The team using this lifeline can still pick the banned character.
- Change Player Order
- Choose the order that opponent players have to play.
- The opponent team must use the order dictated by the team using this lifeline.
- Once the order is chosen it can not be changed.
- Run It Back!
- Use this lifeline only after a player loses a BO1.
- The BO1 is now a BO3 instead, which starts at 0-1 in the opponent's favor.
- This lifeline only works for a single match within the set.
- Special Team Lifeline
- Each team gets an unique lifeline.
- This lifeline is secret and can be chosen by the individual teams.
- The lifeline must first be accepted by Aisk to be valid.
- Message Aisk on the team specific Discord channel to get the lifeline accepted.
- If no lifeline is made, Aisk will decide one for the team.
If the prize pool reaches 44€ or less everything will be going to 1st place.
If the prize pool reaches more than 44€, the following will apply:
- The first 44€ will be secured for 1st place
- The following 16€ will be secured 2nd place
- If the prize pool reaches more than 60€, the leftovers will be split between 1st and 2nd place
- If the prize pool reaches more than 100€, the leftovers will be split 60/30/10 between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Note: Paypal might take a cut of your prize when I send the money due to difference in currencies or other settings :(
Add a comment
Other related articles
you might be interested in?
Comparison of popular joystick options that helps you dive into the world of arcade controllers.