It's time for another SaltyEU Tekken 7 Team Tournament! This time each team will be equipped with a set of "lifelines" to get an edge over the competition.
SaltyEU Sponsorship Invitational
What is it?
If you have no idea what the event is, this section will hopefully answer all your questions!
The tournament format
- 16 person invitational tournament (All players have been confirmed and will be announced soon)
- People have been chosen based on different parameters, including skill and community engagement
- 4x groups of 4 players, which will be seeded according to the parameters above (Round Robin)
- The 1st place of each group will advance on the winners side of a top8 Double Elimination bracket
- The 2nd place of each group will advance on the losers side of a top8 Double Elimination bracket
Prize - Single event sponsorship
- Event + Tekken 7 game ticket for Headstomper 2019
- Unconfirmed crowdfunded amount going towards flights/hotel (More on that later in the article)
- The winner must enter the tournament with the "Salty EU" tag
- The winner must wear a "Team Salty" shirt that we will provide
- The invitational tournament will be held on the 2nd of March instead of Salty EU #66 (18:00CET on our stream)
- Headstomper will take place on May 3-5 in Malmö, Sweden
It is time for us to address the elephant in the room, how are we going to pay for the sponsorship?
- I'll personally kick-start the pool with 30Euro
- Half of the money I normally use to kick-start Salty prize pools will go towards the sponsorship: 40Euro (Meaning all events before Headstomper will start on 5Euro instead of 10Euro)
- Salty EU #65 will feature grudge matches with donation incentives, where all money raised will be going towards the sponsorship
- We will launch a Teespring page where the money from every item sold will go towards the sponsorship (We plan on making t-shirts, team jerseys, and maybe hats)
- ...And more! (In case we don't reach a sufficient amount with the above)
Add a comment
Other related articles
you might be interested in?
Think you got what it takes to compete at an international level? Then head over to Denmark this January, and grab the prize!